Customs Night rolls on, not unlike a parade full of tanks. Those responsible for the sacking of the Community Customs Capitol have been sacked. Those responsible for the loose definition of "tomorrow" will be sacked shortly.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, all you need to know (roughly) is that Customs Night is a weekly get-together put together by Community Customs where we play custom games in Halo, and it's fun. More specifically, we play custom and standard gametypes on custom maps (and sometimes a standard map or two also), ranging simple to complex, from new to old, and from wondrously detailed to Halo 1 remakes. We play every Friday starting at 9:00 PM Eastern time
and continue basically until everyone leaves. If this does indeed sound fun to you, why not join us? To do that, you only need to reply to this post with your gamertag and show up when we're playing or about to play.
Also, last week we played on that map that looks like it has sand on it, Weathered. It was pretty good, not really awesome but good.
This week we'll be playing Reach so the opportunity presents itself to do favorites like Writer's Mind and Armor Walkers and Invasion and more traditional CTF and Assault.
Things to keep in mind:
- we pretty much play whatever the people present want to play, but...
- we won't play modded content because of concerns about potential bans, also
- a CC admin (a group including but not limited to ShadowoftheVoid, iHyokin and Gnrl Vagueness) will have party lead at all times, so...
- if you want to play something we don't have, either you can tell us in advance so we can download it (and possibly find it) ahead of time, or you can put it in your fileshare and mention it in the lobby so we can get it that way
- we value communication, so please go ahead and connect your headset and talk, but please also don't talk over people or keep them from being heard or keep them from getting a chance to talk
- you should bring a map, a snack, a friend, and your best prose
- that time again is 9:00 PM EST and the game is Halo: Reach-- I hope we see you there!